A growing number of IT leaders are transforming IT’s unfortunate reputation as a cost-center into one of a competitive advantage. In doing so they acknowledged that IT cannot be a gate-keeper. Their teams must enable applications teams to deliver on business needs—or they’ll be replaced. The public cloud promises many things, but there remain three key elements to consider as you transform IT: Performance, Cost, and Agility.
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap. It discusses the challenges that must be recognized and questions that must be considered in order to succeed in this new cloud era.
- Journey to the Cloud, Any Cloud
- Performance: It’s Still Your Problem
- Cost: “Cloud Scale” Still Gets Expensive
- Agility: Easily Talked About, Not Easily Done
- Cloudy with a Good Chance of Vendor Lock-In
- Choosing the Right Cloud