Software-Driven Control for Cloud and Datacenter Infrastructure Now Provides over 500 World Class Customers with a New Paradigm for IT Operations Management
Boston, Mass. – January 14, 2014 – Turbonomic, provider of the only Software-Driven Control for virtualized environments, today announced its 14th consecutive record quarter, capping 2013 with growth of over 100 percent and achieving a compounded annual growth rate of more than 300 percent since inception. Its flagship product, VMTurbo Operations Manager, was enhanced with the introduction of control modules for storage and fabric to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping sophisticated customers fundamentally transform their IT operations. Along with strong revenue growth and material product innovation, Turbonomic’s customer adoption now stands at well over 500 customers – including Aetna, Swisscom, Dow Chemical, Canon USA and BT as part of the VMTurbo family.
“Advanced customers are realizing that defining their environments in software is simply a first step to realizing the value of virtualization, “ said Ben Nye, CEO of Turbonomic “Next, they must drive efficiency, resiliency and control of their infrastructure on which the applications need to run – whether that’s compute, storage, fabric, network or virtualized desktop. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to provide software driven control.”
The company’s 2013 accomplishments include:
- Achieving 100% year over year growth – resulting in a compound annual growth rate of over 300% since inception.
- Serving more than 500 advanced customers – doubling the number of VMTurbo installed base year-over-year. Customer additions included AutoNation, Bell Canada, KPN, ING, Expedia, Blackberry, Travelport and US Cellular.
- According to TechValidate,
- 90% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) of less than three months from purchase.
- more than half of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with Turbonomic
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo employee base year-over-year.
- Expanding control across the IT stack with new product releases of Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. These modules enable customers the visibility and management ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads at the storage layer, including support for clustered Data ONTAP, enabling up to 30% improvements in utilization and for IT organizations to adopt a new, top-down approach to manage IT Operations
- Two patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
- Receiving the JP Morgan Hall of Innovation Award being named one of the most innovative technologies in their data center.
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Forbes 2013 Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2013 Emerging Vendors, EMA 2013 Vendors to Watch, DataCenter Solutions 2013 Finalist, as well as Finalists for the 2013 SBANE New England Innovation Award and 2013 Tech Trailblazers (voting for VMTurbo is still open in the Cloud and Virtualization categories)
About Operations Manager
VMTurbo Operations Manager is the only product on the market understanding application workload performance, resource utilization and capacity constraints in virtualized datacenter and cloud deployments to drive an organization’s environment to its desired state while providing control over all aspects of the environment the application workload touches – from compute and storage to fabric and network. While competitive solutions focus on viewing and monitoring systems to send alerts requiring operational staff to troubleshoot and remedy issues – VMTurbo Operations Manager ties the viewing with the doing, so that IT Operations staff can elevate the focus from reactive to strategic. To try VMTurbo Operations Manager in your own environment, visit here.
For the latest news and information, engage with VMTurbo via:
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to maximize infrastructure investments while assuring application performance. Turbonomic’s patent-pending Economic Scheduling Engine dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in its desired state. The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 cloud service providers and enterprises worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Colgate-Palmolive and Ingram Micro. Using Turbonomic, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.