Unearthing a Dev Lab, VDI & $200K in Savings in Garland, Texas
Watch On-Demand! Previously Recorded (October 22, 2014)
Featuring Dammions Darden, Senior System Engineer – City of Garland | Matt O’Brien, Senior Account Manager – VMTurbo®
Each of Garland’s 40 municipal departments – Police, Fire, Public Safety, Parks, Court, etc. – are served from a single data center.
Join us to hear the compelling story of how Garland’s Senior System Engineer Dammions Darden transformed the city’s IT infrastructure to combat both performance issues and inflated hardware over provisioning ratios across Garland’s siloed departments. Mr. Darden consolidated and automated his workloads, re-purposing the freed-up hardware for a VDI deployment and development lab. All told, his consolidation projects saved the City of Garland a conservative $200K in licensing and hardware costs.
In this webinar, you’ll catch a complete demonstration of VMTurbo® Operations Manager, and learn of Garland’s story including:
- The unique challenges of managing an organizationally siloed IT infrastructure and how Darden overcame them
- The challenge of properly provisioning hardware in an abstracted virtualized estate, from server to the underlying storage
- How the City of Garland uses VMTurbo to eliminate contention performance issues, maximize up-time and maintain a healthy state for its municipalities
- The power of reporting to convey that business units’ and departments’ resource needs are being consistently met
- How the City of Garland leveraged VMTurbo to save more than $200K in its first year of deployment