2014 sure was a busy year, but now that December 31st has come and gone, it’s time to look forward. Our experts, VMTurbo co-founders Yechiam Yemini (YY) and Yuri Rabover, accompanied by Principal Solutions Engineer and Technology Evangelist Eric Wright (aka @discoposse), weighed in on what’s in store for 2015. Here’s a brief look at what they had to say:
- Containers are here to stay, so get used to hearing about the likes of Docker, Red Hat CoreOS and Apache’s Mesos, to name a few.
- Don’t fall asleep on Microsoft Azure, it will prove itself a true competitor in the landscape of cloud computing.
- Prepare for a new generation of cloud applications combining resource allocation and end-user delivery….think Netflix…
- Solid-state storage arrays will replace traditional hard drives in a flash (bad pun, we know).
- OpenStack will come into its own, 2015 is sure to be its year as it overcomes traditional virtualization and server stack options in Enterprise.
Take a look at this infographic for more on our experts’ industry predictions, and check out VMblog for the full post. We’re excited about 2015, are you?